Monday, April 16, 2012

Our New Home

On April 1st A and I moved into our very own apartment! We love having our own space and the place is incredibly cozy. I forgot to take proper before photos, but these are a few showing how a previous tenant had the place set up: 

Bedroom before

Living room and kitchen before

Living room before

And here are some snapshots of what we've been able to do so far! I hope to do a lot more in terms of decor, especially on the walls. Enjoy!

We set the bed up against the back wall, which opened up a lot of space in the dressing area. We've been waiting quite a while for a spacious bedroom!

I know it's such a design blog cliche, but I couldn't resist.  I love colors!

Ikea's Tall Marby lamps and vintage orange crates make the bedstands.

A couple of Expedits and a sweet little closet give us all the streamlined clothing storage we need.

There's a light in the closet! Sometimes it's the little things.

Shearling slippers from Bean's are total necessities.

You really have no idea how much an accessible closet means to me.

The previous tenants are to thank for this little piece of genius.


The view from our bed. 

With this nifty shoe cabinet and a couple of Ikea wardrobes  we created a hall closet. No more jackets in the bedroom closet!

Entering the living room.



Our super comfy hand-me-down couch.

The office and Bear Stearns on the loveseat. He's too big to fail. 

Our office is no longer in the bedroom!

Sheers for privacy in the evenings. 

The very first TV either of us ever bought! We are kind of in love. 

Entering my favorite part: our clean and lovely kitchen!





My kitchen island

My pantry, with everything out and easily usable!


No comments:

Post a Comment