Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Holiday Crafting: Cinnamon-stick Candles



While searching Pinterest for holiday decorating ideas I came across an adorable candle craft that I had to make. I don't burn candles often but I knew these would look great with my holiday greenery. 

I assembled my supplies: 

  1. Five natural beeswax candles from an adorable shop on Etsy (the other two are in my red Ikea lanterns); 
  2. A whole lot of cinnamon sticks (if you buy a big bag, you can make mulled cider all winter); 
  3. My trusty thin jute string; and 
  4. Some maple log candle holders (I liked the rustic look). 


The assembly was really simple once I realized that I needed an adhesive to hold the cinnamon sticks to the candle while I was putting them together. If I were a craftier person and owned a glue gun, I would have run a thread of hot glue around the candle near the bottom. I am not that person (yet?), so I used double-sided tape around the bottom of the candle. If I do burn the candles, I'll make sure to stop above the tape line. 

When the sticks were in place, I first tied them up with a thicker jute twine, but decided I liked the jute string look better. 


They fit perfectly on the half wall between the living room and kitchen!

Some of the links in this post have been provided by Amazon under the Amazon Affiliate program. Cantabridgette is not compensated solely for posting the links.

No comments:

Post a Comment